Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Did you ever look so nice?
EXPECTATIONS. Holy crap. I may need to work on managing my expectations. When I know what I want, I fully expect that everyone else will play by my rules. Lately? Not so much. Lately my ego has been getting some bruises. It's needed, I will benefit from it, but it hurts my feelings. It makes tears sting behind my eyes. It makes that bump in my throat show up. I haven't felt in awhile. I have been living in swaddling clothing, safe and sound and pretty dead inside. Now, I am a turtle poking her head out and NOT at all liking when the foot comes down. But I promised myself not to retreat. I promised this to myself 6 weeks ago when I got on the plane. Better to go and learn and cry and feel. Better be crushed and broken on the floor and alive. Security is a double edged sword.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment