Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Sharing
Sometimes I make myself laugh. I take on HUGE projects, follow them diligently, and then desert them once the new HUGE endeavor crosses my path. My whole purpose for starting a blog was to figure out how to harness what I can offer other people. They say that you should do what you love in order to be successful. I have had a hard time figuring out, "what do i love?" I LOVE food. I love making food, eating food, trying new foods, messing with different eating styles. I think that I have a pretty good knack for intuitively knowing what flavors go together and making up some pretty freaking good recipes on the fly. I can also pick out items at the grocery really, really well. Meaning, that when I try a new food, or a new product, 9 times out of 10, it is awesome. I am spreading the word among my group of friends and that is something I can say that I LOVE. I also LOVE to work out. This is a weird one because it is not something that has always come naturally to me. Let me back up. I have always loved sports, but going to the gym? No thanks. In the past two years, beginning with yoga, I have found a way to make exercise an integral part of my life. I mix it up, try new classes, new methods and new ideas. I take what i like and leave the rest in a pile of 'not for me'. An ex-boy asked me once what I was passionate about and I had a really hard time answering. Not anymore. I am finding my passions, dusting them off and putting them back in the spotlight. The newest one? God. I am staring my first bible class on Wednesday and I could not be more excited. After having attended Catholic schools for my entire life and then moving into a very secular world, I feel the tug to get back into who I am as a spiritual person. New year, new projects, new passion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment