Friday, January 15, 2010

Pulse vs Impulse

I am feeling impulsive today. I have been feeling impulsive everyday for about the past month. I don't know if it is that i am in the wrong place, or if i am having growing pains or if it is hormonal or what, but I feel like I need to stretch my arms, my skin, my soul. I feel like i want to pick up my life like a picnic blanket and shake out all the crumbs. I want fresh, light, new air.

But I am also a little afraid. I have a great life... why the sudden desire for upheaval? Where is it coming from? It is that I really need to change my life path or is it that I am running from growing up? I think I know the answer, but I am not quite ready to deal with it yet.

I have a dear friend with a room for rent in Denver. Is this fate stepping in telling me what I need to do? Or am I over-reaching? So far today I have committed myself to the San Francisco half marathon, the Pikes Peak Ascent, a 60 day bikram challenge, a 10 day trip to California and a dog. Maybe I need to slow down a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment